Simple Savory Butter Sauce
Whoever said that you have to be Italian to be a good cook? Our mother, of Irish decent ( but Italian at heart), whipped up this sauce in a matter of minutes, one crisp fall evening, nearly ten years ago. Little did she know, her quick and easy recipe has become a staple of our family's Thanksgiving feast. Now, we would like to share this decadent yet simple recipe for you to enjoy with your family any time of the year.
- 8 Tbs. (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 Tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts (optional)
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan, over medium heat. Sprinkle in the cinnamon; reduce to a low flame and continue warming the butter.
- When the Pumpkin Ravioli are cooked (see instructions on box), pour half of the butter mixture into a warm serving bowl.
- Strain the ravioli and place them into the bowl; add the Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and toss lightly.
- Finish by drizzling the remaining butter over the ravioli, then top with the walnuts and serve immediately.